PLEASE FOLLOW POST-CARE PROVIDED BY OUR CLINIC
What to AVOID post-surgery:
- AVOID direct stream of water on your face for one week.
- AVOID getting your SPLINT wet as it may fall off prematurely.
- AVOID Sneezing through your nose. Try to sneeze through your mouth.
- TIP: Tickle roof of mouth with your tongue can help prevent sneezing or open your mouth.
- AVOID Blowing your nose for up to 4 weeks. Recommended to blow very gently.
- AVOID Picking at scabs. This can cause scarring.
- AVOID Bending over or lifting heavy things for one week. Besides aggravating swelling, this may raise your blood pressure and start haemorrhage.
- AVOID Smoking for one month especially throughout the Recovery Period as smoking may prolong healing
- AVOID Naturopathic, Herbal medications and supplements, Aspirin, Advil or Ibuprofen for 2 weeks, as these products may prolong swelling.
- AVOID Moderate physical exercise for up to 4 weeks post-op.
- AVOID Strenuous physical exercise for up to 6 weeks post-op.
- AVOID Direct sun exposure to incisions for up to 12 months. Use a minimum of SPF 45 daily.
- AVOID Wearing Glasses for 6 weeks. Glasses MUST be taped to forehead.
- AVOID Hot saunas.
RECOMMENDED: Cool Mist Humidifiers at your bedside for 2-4 weeks